Resources for Redemptive Living
Download the full resource document here.
As followers of Jesus, there are things we can do to act redemptively amidst the swirling debates and difficulties around issues of race relations, justice, and the peace of our communities. We can make our PLEA to God for his transforming work in us and through us. The word “PLEA” is a helpful memory device. It can remind us to Pray to God, Learn even more, Engage with others, and Acknowledge what God reveals to us. On the learning front, if you are interested in pursuing a deeper personal understanding of the history, dynamics, and factors underlying some of our current events and struggles, the following resources may be helpful. Christ Church does not endorse every point of view here. Some materials include coarse language or positions which must be balanced with additional values. These resources are simply intended to spark thought and conversation.
As you come across useful materials in your own travels, let us know and perhaps we can recommend them here. Please send your resources for consideration to ChristChurch@ChristChurch.us.
Check out our newest additions to the resource list:
BOOKS, BLOGS & ARTICLES
- Kelly Edmiston, Christianity Today – June 10, 2000 | The Way of Peace
- Kelly Edminston, Christianity Today – June 24, 2000 | Called to Peace
- Wayne Gordon & John M. Perkins, Do All Lives Matter?: The Issues We Can No Longer Ignore & the Solutions We All Long For
- Daniel Hill, White Awake: An Honest Look at What It Means to be White
- The Banker (2020)
VIDEOS & DOCUMENTARIES
- I Am Not Your Negro (available on Amazon & Apple TV)